Friday, April 11, 2008

BIG NEWS!

So, today I'm going about my day and my phone rings. Conversation:

Cathy Brown: Cori, Kate wants to talk to you.
(my heart begins to race, why is Kate's teacher calling, and what does Kate want)

Kate: Mom, I lost a tooth!

Me: What! You're kidding, how awesome!
(me really, tearing up b/c my baby really isn't a baby, she's growing up before my very eyes!)

I was in shock! Chris immediately asked who hit her or what did she trip over! She bit into a grilled cheese today at school and out it fell. Mrs. Brown said she walked up with the tooth in her palm, cool as a cucumber! Kate had told/shown me days earlier a "gap" in her teeth. Sure enough, there was a gap. I guess this was the tooth detaching or something. The one next to the lost tooth is also loose! Really, she is only 4! Needless to say, I called the dentist and have checked with my aunt who is a hygienist - it could happen. Ironically, we already had an appt. scheduled with wonderful Dr. Cook in Jackson on Monday.

Guess you know who will be visiting us tonight!!!!!



But if you ask, this is how she'll show you!

No comments: